Ashford University Sport Management Programs
Ashford University offers many options for students interested in pursuing a career in sports management. Students build their management and leadership skills by taking classes in sports recreation and business administration. In order to graduate with a B.A. in Sports and Recreation Management, students must complete 120 credit hours, which include 52 hours of general education courses, 45 credit hours of required courses, and 32 credit hours of electives.
Courses are taught online and are led by professionals in the field. Once admitted to the program, students have the option of specializing in entrepreneurship, finance, information systems, marketing, and project management:
- Entrepreneurship: Learn to launch and manage entrepreneurial enterprises
- Finance: Discover how to bridge the fields of business and finance
- Information Systems: Increase technical knowledge and business skills
- Project Management: Develop project management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Marketing: Study branding, research, and consumer research in relation to sport marketing and media
By selecting a concentration, students gain valuable insight into a niche area of sports management. Each specialization consists of four courses. Students must complete the major course requirements’ capstone course before selecting a specialization.
Available Online Programs
Facts About Ashford University
Located in Clinton, Iowa, Ashford University was founded in 1918. Ashford is a private university that offers online degrees and certificate programs in more than 50 academic fields. Additional facts about Ashford University include:
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association
- Ashford’s mission is to provide accessible, affordable, innovative, high-quality learning opportunities
- Students can choose a degree program in four distinct colleges: 1) Business and Professional Studies, 2) Education, 3) Health, Human Services, and Science, and 4) Liberal Arts
- Reduced tuition and fees offered to Active Duty, National Guard, Reservists, and their spouses
- Students are eligible to transfer up to 90 approved credits towards a bachelor’s degree
Online Sports Management Degrees
— The focus of Liberty University's MS in Sports Management
is how organizational skills and leadership plays a role in sports organizations and athletic programs. The program can be completed in less than two years and up to six credit hours can be transferred. However, you will need an undergrad degree in order to enroll.
— Your BA in Sports and Recreation Management
degree can be completed entirely online, and you can transfer up to 90 credits, accelerating the process further. Ashford University was founded almost 100 years ago and its online division includes over 30 degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master level. AU is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Ave, Suite 100, Alameda, California 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wascsenior.org.
— Northcentral University offers online programs for an EdD
or PhD in Sports Management
which prepares students for high profile and leadership positions. Founded in 1996 in Prescott, Arizona, NCU is now the school of choice for over 10,000 students who are active in school events and organizations.
Southern New Hampshire University
— While an undergraduate degree is required, the MBA and MS of Sports Management
from South New Hampshire University can be completed in less than two years, making it a quick way to propel your career forward. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, the main campus has WiFi, an Olympic pool, and even an art gallery.
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sport management program.