California University of Pennsylvania Sport Management Programs
California University of Pennsylvania, otherwise known as Cal U, offers a robust course selection for students interested in pursuing a degree in sports management. Coursework covers intercollegiate athletics, mandatory compliance techniques, staff and personnel of an intercollegiate athletic department, and many other relevant topics.
The sport management studies program is one of the largest programs the school has to offer. Cal U offers three programs for students interested in pursuing a sports management degree: Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and a post-bachelor’s certificate in sport management studies. Each program programs students for leadership positions in the sport industry:
- B.S. in Sport Management: Students can choose from one of three tracks including 1) sport management, 2) professional golf management, and 3) wellness and fitness (online)
- M.S. in sport management: All classes are completed online in 13 consecutive months in sport management, sports counseling, and intercollegiate athletic administration
- The Post-Bachelor’s Certificate: Classes are offered online and designed for post-baccalaureate students who wish to further develop their skills in management and leadership.
Available Online Programs
Facts About California University of Pennsylvania
California University of Pennsylvania is located in the borough of California, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1852, Cal U is a private school with approximately 10,000 students. Additional facts about Cal U include:
- Four colleges offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs including The College of Education and Human Services, the College of Liberal Arts, the Eberly College of Science and Technology, and the College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Ranked by the Princeton Review as one of the best regional universities in the Northeast
- Academic offerings include 150 undergraduate majors/concentrations and 50 graduate programs
- Average class size approximately 19 students for on-site, undergraduate classes
- Cal U’s athletic teams compete at the NCAA Division II in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference
Online Sports Management Degrees
Whether you're starting your career or looking to advance it, there are several online degrees from accredited schools available in Sports Management at every education level. Specializations range from Sports Psychology to Marketing or Athletic Administration emphasis. The following links from each school will put you in contact with the right people for more information on the program of your choice.
— Post University offers an online BS in Sports Management
degree that explores the managerial, administrative, and marketing aspects of the sports industry. Average class size is about sixteen students leaving room for peer-to-peer interaction and one-to-one tutoring. Post University is located in Waterbury, Connecticut and has 9000 part- and full-time students.
— Your BA in Sports and Recreation Management
degree can be completed entirely online, and you can transfer up to 90 credits, accelerating the process further. Ashford University was founded almost 100 years ago and its online division includes over 30 degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master level.
— Northcentral University offers online programs for an MEd
or PhD in Athletic Administration
which prepares students for high profile and leadership positions. Founded in 1978 in Prescott Valley, Arizona, NCU is now the school of choice for over 10,000 students who are active in school events and organizations.
Southern New Hampshire University
— While an undergraduate degree is required, the MBA
and MS of Sports Management
from South New Hampshire University can be completed in less than two years, making it a quick way to propel your career forward. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, the main campus has WiFi, an Olympic pool, and even an art gallery.
— TIffin University's MBA program in sports management
prepares its students for management positions in recreational, collegiate, and professional sports. The main focus of the program is on developing skills in communication, leadership, IT, and problem solving.
— The focus of Liberty University's MS in Sports Management
is how organizational skills and leadership plays a role in sports organizations and athletic programs. The program can be completed in less than two years and up to six credit hours can be transferred. However, you will need an undergrad degree in order to enroll.
University of the Rockies
— The University of the Rockies offers an MA in sports and performance psychology
degree program that educates its students in how to be an effective coach/leader and get the most out of a team, in sports or more general human performance. Graduates of this program typically enter careers as business consultants, coaches, physical therapists, or personal trainers.
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sport management program.