Drexel University Sport Management Programs
Drexel University offers a Bachelor of Science in sport management that can be complete in four or five years. The program covers a wide range of topics including sport business, sport law, sport media, and sport marketing. Classes are offered onsite at Drexel’s Main Campus located in the University City district of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
To complete a Bachelors of Science in sport management, students must fulfill all general education requirements plus 24 credits of general business. Students fulfill remaining credits by one of four major concentrations: Sport Business (21 credits); Sport Marketing (18 credits); Sport Law and Ethics (21.0 credits); and Sport Media and Technology (18 credits).
Drexel offers students two degree completion options. According to Drexel, the following
- Five-year option with co-op experience: This option allows for the greatest amount of employment experience, with three distinct six-month periods of employment included with studies. After the start of the sophomore year, students study or work through all terms, including summers.
- Four-year option with internship experience: This option includes one six-month period of full-time employment. After the start of the sophomore year, students study or work through all terms, including summers.
Available Online Programs
Facts About Drexel University
Drexel University was founded 1891 by financier and philanthropist Anthony J. Drexel. It is a private, nonsectarian coeducational university with four auxiliary campuses as well as a variety of accredited online degree programs. Additional facts about Drexel University include:
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Current student population: 12,004 full-time undergraduates and 7,000 graduate and professional students
- Degrees granted include: Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral, Certificate, Post-Bachelor’s Certificate, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Approximately 95 percent of full-time faculty members hold a PhD or the highest degree in their field
- Offers a co-op program for undergraduate students with up to 18 months of professional experience before graduation
Online Sports Management Degrees
— Your BA in Sports and Recreation Management
degree can be completed entirely online, and you can transfer up to 90 credits, accelerating the process further. Ashford University was founded almost 100 years ago and its online division includes over 30 degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master level. AU is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Ave, Suite 100, Alameda, California 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wascsenior.org.
— Northcentral University offers online programs for an EdD
or PhD in Sports Management
which prepares students for high profile and leadership positions. Founded in 1978 in Prescott Valley, Arizona, NCU is now the school of choice for over 10,000 students who are active in school events and organizations.
Southern New Hampshire University
— While an undergraduate degree is required, the MBA and MS of Sports Management
from South New Hampshire University can be completed in less than two years, making it a quick way to propel your career forward. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, the main campus has WiFi, an Olympic pool, and even an art gallery.
— The focus of Liberty University's MS in Sports Management
is how organizational skills and leadership plays a role in sports organizations and athletic programs. The program can be completed in less than two years and up to six credit hours can be transferred. However, you will need an undergrad degree in order to enroll.
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sport management program.