Drexel University Sport Management Programs
Drexel University offers a Bachelor of Science in sport management that can be complete in four or five years. The program covers a wide range of topics including sport business, sport law, sport media, and sport marketing. Classes are offered onsite at Drexel’s Main Campus located in the University City district of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
To complete a Bachelors of Science in sport management, students must fulfill all general education requirements plus 24 credits of general business. Students fulfill remaining credits by one of four major concentrations: Sport Business (21 credits); Sport Marketing (18 credits); Sport Law and Ethics (21.0 credits); and Sport Media and Technology (18 credits).
Drexel offers students two degree completion options. According to Drexel, the following
- Five-year option with co-op experience: This option allows for the greatest amount of employment experience, with three distinct six-month periods of employment included with studies. After the start of the sophomore year, students study or work through all terms, including summers.
- Four-year option with internship experience: This option includes one six-month period of full-time employment. After the start of the sophomore year, students study or work through all terms, including summers.
Available Online Programs
Facts About Drexel University
Drexel University was founded 1891 by financier and philanthropist Anthony J. Drexel. It is a private, nonsectarian coeducational university with four auxiliary campuses as well as a variety of accredited online degree programs. Additional facts about Drexel University include:
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Current student population: 12,004 full-time undergraduates and 7,000 graduate and professional students
- Degrees granted include: Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral, Certificate, Post-Bachelor’s Certificate, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Approximately 95 percent of full-time faculty members hold a PhD or the highest degree in their field
- Offers a co-op program for undergraduate students with up to 18 months of professional experience before graduation
Online Sports Management Degrees
— Ohio University has two online degrees in Sports Management: MS in Athletic Administration
and MS in Coaching Education
. OHU has over 35,000 current students enrolled with sports and student organizations available and almost 5,000 total employees. OHU is located in Athens, Ohio, just southwest of the capital, Columbus.
Southern New Hampshire University
— While an undergraduate degree is required, the MBA
and MS of Sports Management
from South New Hampshire University can be completed in less than two years, making it a quick way to propel your career forward. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, the main campus has WiFi, an Olympic pool, and even an art gallery.
St. Leo University
— The MBA degree in sports business
from St. Leo University will give its students a thorough understanding of teamwork, ethics, communication, and management within a sport and recreation environment. Students often go on to pursue jobs in professional sports, fitness facilities, retailers, franchises, and athletic departments. Curriculum is designed to reflect the current best practices and standards with in the industry.
— Your BA in Sports and Recreation Management
degree can be completed entirely online, and you can transfer up to 90 credits, accelerating the process further. Ashford University was founded almost 100 years ago and its online division includes over 30 degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master level.
— Northcentral University offers online programs for an EdD
or PhD in Sports Management
which prepares students for high profile and leadership positions. Founded in 1978 in Prescott Valley, Arizona, NCU is now the school of choice for over 10,000 students who are active in school events and organizations.
— The focus of Liberty University's MS in Sports Management
is how organizational skills and leadership plays a role in sports organizations and athletic programs. The program can be completed in less than two years and up to six credit hours can be transferred. However, you will need an undergrad degree in order to enroll.
Salem International University
— For a practical approach to your education with hands-on training and career-oriented curriculum, Salem International University provides an online degree for the BSBA in Sports and Recreation Management
program. SIU's 100 acre campus is located in Salem, West Virginia and was originally established as Salem College in 1888, creating a long list of traditions and a rich student experience.
— TIffin University's MBA program in sports management
prepares its students for management positions in recreational, collegiate, and professional sports. The main focus of the program is on developing skills in communication, leadership, IT, and problem solving.
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sport management program.