Liberty University Sport Management Programs
Liberty University offers a Master of Science in Sport Management with a concentration in sport administration which includes courses to give you the business acumen and logistic skills to manage a school’s athletic program, a community sports center, or a major sporting events venue.
- Cost: $438 per credit hour when enrolled full-time.
- 36 total credit hours (six of which may be transferred from another institution)
- Two tracks are available: Thesis, and Non-Thesis.
LU’s combination of campus and online opportunities, and their robust athletic offerings allow their Master of Science in Sport Management to offer experiential learning opportunities that can be an asset for students who want to make connections and gain experience in the realm of academic sport administration.
Liberty University’s long history with distance education has allowed it to build up a large catalog of online offerings, so if you’ve got broad interests, but know you want to pursue sport management, you can experiment with classes in other fields while still earning your MS in sport administration at LU.
Available Online Programs
Facts About Liberty University
Liberty University is an evangelical Christian university that was founded by Dr. Jerry Falwell Sr. in Lynchburg, Virginia. It started as a campus only university, but now offers many, many distance education options, which have grown and evolved as the internet has become more accessible and less expensive. Other useful stats and facts about LU include:
- Over 13,000 campus students, and 60,000 online students.
- Founded in 1971 as Lynchburg Baptist College, and went through several name changes before settling on its current name.
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and its law school is accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Participates in NCAA Division 1 athletics, and is a member of the Big South conference in 18 sports. LU’s high profile athletic teams include both men’s and women’s soccer and basketball, and men’s football and hockey.
- For online students, LU offers online ministries, a web database of resources to help students “encourage and strengthen their faith.” Through Liberty Online Ministries you can submit prayer requests and get other religious guidance quickly, at any time.
Sponsored Listings for Sports Management Degrees
— Northcentral University offers online programs for an EdD
or PhD in Sports Management
which prepares students for high profile and leadership positions. Founded in 1996 in Prescott, Arizona, NCU is now the school of choice for over 10,000 students who are active in school events and organizations.
— The MS in Sports Analytics and Managemen
degree from American University focuses on creative thinking and problem solving within sports. Students will also be required to understand the application and use of current technology, exploring the interdisciplinary relationships within and between athletics and sports, and examining the nature and effects of administrative knowledge and skills applied to athletics and sports.
— Apply your love of sports and fitness to the world of business with your online Bachelor of Arts in Sports and Recreation Management
degree from the Forbes School of Business & Technology™ at Ashford University. Build your management and leadership skills while deepening your business knowledge of the industry. Upon graduation, you will be well acquainted with the industry and be highly trained in various theories of management. Ashford University is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wascsenior.org.
Southern New Hampshire University
— While an undergraduate degree is required, the MBA and MS of Sports Management
from South New Hampshire University can be completed in less than two years, making it a quick way to propel your career forward. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, the main campus has WiFi, an Olympic pool, and even an art gallery.
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sport management program.