Northcentral University Sport Management Programs
Northcentral University is a private, for-profit university, based in Prescott, Arizona, that provides distance education. The university offers Master of Education degrees in both sports management and athletic coaching. NU’s athletic administration and coaching programs can prepare you for the following careers:
- Team Coach: With the combination of coaching and pedagogical skills offered in an Med in athletic coaching, you can either coach teams yourself, or be a trainer for aspiring coaches, teaching them motivational and organizational skills to use in athletic organizations of any caliber.
- Athletic Program Director: Administrating a school’s sports program or community athletic organization would be well within the capabilities of someone with an MEd in athletic administration.
- Sport Business Teacher: Wielding business knowledge and athletic management skills, someone with an MEd in athletic administration could teach future sports businesspeople, such as sports marketers, event managers, venue managers, and even general managers.
Available Online Programs
Facts About Northcentral University
Divided into three schools, one for business and technology, one for education, and one for behavioral and health sciences, NU’s course offerings primarily focus on master’s degrees and certifications for working professionals who want to earn a higher degree online while keeping their day jobs. Other facts about NU include:
- Partnered with Fort Hays State University in Kansas, Vietnam National University in Hanoi, and Hanoi University of Technology to provide business education internationally.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NU’s business school is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- The Roadrunner is NU’s mascot, though as a primarily distance-education providing institution, NU does not participate in collegiate athletic leagues or divisions.
- Most of NU’s students, around 8,000 of them, are postgraduate students. The school’s undergraduate population is much smaller, clocking in at only a few hundred.
Online Sports Management Degrees
Whether you're starting your career or looking to advance it, there are several online degrees from accredited schools available in Sports Management at every education level. Specializations range from Sports Psychology to Marketing or Athletic Administration emphasis. The following links from each school will put you in contact with the right people for more information on the program of your choice.
— Post University offers an online BS in Sports Management
degree that explores the managerial, administrative, and marketing aspects of the sports industry. Average class size is about sixteen students leaving room for peer-to-peer interaction and one-to-one tutoring. Post University is located in Waterbury, Connecticut and has 9000 part- and full-time students.
— Your BA in Sports and Recreation Management
degree can be completed entirely online, and you can transfer up to 90 credits, accelerating the process further. Ashford University was founded almost 100 years ago and its online division includes over 30 degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master level.
— Northcentral University offers online programs for an MEd
or PhD in Athletic Administration
which prepares students for high profile and leadership positions. Founded in 1978 in Prescott Valley, Arizona, NCU is now the school of choice for over 10,000 students who are active in school events and organizations.
Southern New Hampshire University
— While an undergraduate degree is required, the MBA
and MS of Sports Management
from South New Hampshire University can be completed in less than two years, making it a quick way to propel your career forward. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, the main campus has WiFi, an Olympic pool, and even an art gallery.
— TIffin University's MBA program in sports management
prepares its students for management positions in recreational, collegiate, and professional sports. The main focus of the program is on developing skills in communication, leadership, IT, and problem solving.
— The focus of Liberty University's MS in Sports Management
is how organizational skills and leadership plays a role in sports organizations and athletic programs. The program can be completed in less than two years and up to six credit hours can be transferred. However, you will need an undergrad degree in order to enroll.
University of the Rockies
— The University of the Rockies offers an MA in sports and performance psychology
degree program that educates its students in how to be an effective coach/leader and get the most out of a team, in sports or more general human performance. Graduates of this program typically enter careers as business consultants, coaches, physical therapists, or personal trainers.
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sport management program.