Northcentral University Sport Management Programs
Northcentral University is a private, for-profit university, based in Prescott, Arizona, that provides distance education. The university offers Master of Education degrees in both sports management and athletic coaching. NU’s athletic administration and coaching programs can prepare you for the following careers:
- Team Coach: With the combination of coaching and pedagogical skills offered in an Med in athletic coaching, you can either coach teams yourself, or be a trainer for aspiring coaches, teaching them motivational and organizational skills to use in athletic organizations of any caliber.
- Athletic Program Director: Administrating a school’s sports program or community athletic organization would be well within the capabilities of someone with an MEd in athletic administration.
- Sport Business Teacher: Wielding business knowledge and athletic management skills, someone with an MEd in athletic administration could teach future sports businesspeople, such as sports marketers, event managers, venue managers, and even general managers.
Available Online Programs
Facts About Northcentral University
Divided into three schools, one for business and technology, one for education, and one for behavioral and health sciences, NU’s course offerings primarily focus on master’s degrees and certifications for working professionals who want to earn a higher degree online while keeping their day jobs. Other facts about NU include:
- Partnered with Fort Hays State University in Kansas, Vietnam National University in Hanoi, and Hanoi University of Technology to provide business education internationally.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NU’s business school is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- The Roadrunner is NU’s mascot, though as a primarily distance-education providing institution, NU does not participate in collegiate athletic leagues or divisions.
- Most of NU’s students, around 8,000 of them, are postgraduate students. The school’s undergraduate population is much smaller, clocking in at only a few hundred.
Online Sports Management Degrees
— Your BA in Sports and Recreation Management
degree can be completed entirely online, and you can transfer up to 90 credits, accelerating the process further. Ashford University was founded almost 100 years ago and its online division includes over 30 degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master level. AU is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Ave, Suite 100, Alameda, California 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wascsenior.org.
Southern New Hampshire University
— While an undergraduate degree is required, the MBA and MS of Sports Management
from South New Hampshire University can be completed in less than two years, making it a quick way to propel your career forward. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, the main campus has WiFi, an Olympic pool, and even an art gallery.
— Ohio University has two online degrees in Sports Management: MS in Athletic Administration
and MS in Coaching Education
. OHU has over 35,000 current students enrolled with sports and student organizations available and almost 5,000 total employees. OHU is located in Athens, Ohio, just southwest of the capital, Columbus.
— Post University offers an online BS in Sports Management
degree that explores the managerial, administrative, and marketing aspects of the sports industry. Average class size is about sixteen students leaving room for peer-to-peer interaction and one-to-one tutoring. Post University is located in Waterbury, Connecticut and has 9000 part- and full-time students.
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sport management program.