Northcentral University Sport Management Programs
Northcentral University is a private, for-profit university, based in Prescott, Arizona, that provides distance education. The university offers Master of Education degrees in both sports management and athletic coaching. NU’s athletic administration and coaching programs can prepare you for the following careers:
- Team Coach: With the combination of coaching and pedagogical skills offered in an Med in athletic coaching, you can either coach teams yourself, or be a trainer for aspiring coaches, teaching them motivational and organizational skills to use in athletic organizations of any caliber.
- Athletic Program Director: Administrating a school’s sports program or community athletic organization would be well within the capabilities of someone with an MEd in athletic administration.
- Sport Business Teacher: Wielding business knowledge and athletic management skills, someone with an MEd in athletic administration could teach future sports businesspeople, such as sports marketers, event managers, venue managers, and even general managers.
Available Online Programs
Facts About Northcentral University
Divided into four schools, one for business and technology, one for education, one for psychology, and one for marriage and family sciences, NCU’s course offerings primarily focus on master’s degrees and certifications for working professionals who want to earn a higher degree online while keeping their day jobs. Other facts about NU include:
- Partnered with Fort Hays State University in Kansas to provide business education internationally.
- Northcentral University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC). (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, 1.800.621.7440, www.ncahlc.org.
- The Roadrunner is NU’s mascot, though as a primarily distance-education providing institution, NU does not participate in collegiate athletic leagues or divisions.
- Most of NU’s students, around 8,000 of them, are postgraduate students. The school’s undergraduate population is much smaller, clocking in at only a few hundred.
- Northcentral University strives to enable students to make informed choices about their academic program selection by making disclosures to prospective students in a clear, timely, and meaningful way. Visit www.ncu.edu/GE for more.
Sponsored Listings for Sports Management Degrees
— Northcentral University offers online programs for an EdD
or PhD in Sports Management
which prepares students for high profile and leadership positions. Founded in 1996 in Prescott, Arizona, NCU is now the school of choice for over 10,000 students who are active in school events and organizations.
— Your BA in Sports and Recreation Management
degree can be completed entirely online, and you can transfer up to 90 credits, accelerating the process further. The online division of Ashford University includes over 50 degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master level. Ashford University is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wascsenior.org.
Southern New Hampshire University
— While an undergraduate degree is required, the MBA and MS of Sports Management
from South New Hampshire University can be completed in less than two years, making it a quick way to propel your career forward. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, the main campus has WiFi, an Olympic pool, and even an art gallery.
— The focus of Liberty University's MS in Sports Management
is how organizational skills and leadership plays a role in sports organizations and athletic programs. The program can be completed in less than two years and up to six credit hours can be transferred. However, you will need an undergrad degree in order to enroll.
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sport management program.