Ohio University Sport Management Programs
Ohio University is a public institution located in Athens, Ohio, which offers a Master of Science in coaching education, and a Master of Science in Athletic Administration.
Coaching a sports team at any level takes finely honed skills of organization and motivation, and the MS in coaching education at OU focuses on teaching you how to pass those skills on to the coaches of the future in your career as an educator. Students, even those pursuing a degree online, must attend a four to five day Global Sport Coaching Seminar during their summer term The degree requires a total of 13 courses, including:
- Foundations in Coaching:Teaches effective coaching methods and principles for working with all age groups.
- Ethics in Sports:According to OU’s website, this course “focuses on ethics, rights, and responsibilities related to athletic coaching.”
- Nutrition Sports and Fitness:Explores the intersection of diet and physical performance in an athletic context.
OU’s other degree for sport management, the Master of Athletic Administration, takes around two years to complete, and requires a three to four day on campus athletic leadership forum. Both the coaching and athletic administration master’s degrees combine business, leadership, and athletic elements in their course loads.
Facts About Ohio University
Founded in 1804, OU is one of the top 10 oldest universities in the U.S. It was founded less than one full year after Ohio was first accepted into the union. Other facts about OU include:
- Large population of over 17,000 undergrads and 3,000 graduate or postgraduate students
- Comprises many separate schools, including Scripps College of Communication, Russ College of Engineering and Technology, Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs, and others
- Motto: “Religio Doctrinia Civilitas, Prae Omnibus Virtus,” which, in English, means “Religion, Learning, Civility; Above All, Virtue”
- OU’s mascot is the Bobcats, and the school’s athletic teams compete in NCAA Division I leagues
Sponsored Listings for Sports Management Degrees
— Your BA in Sports and Recreation Management
degree can be completed entirely online, and you can transfer up to 90 credits, accelerating the process further. The online division of Ashford University includes over 50 degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master level. Ashford University is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wascsenior.org.
— The focus of Liberty University's MS in Sports Management
is how organizational skills and leadership plays a role in sports organizations and athletic programs. The program can be completed in less than two years and up to six credit hours can be transferred. However, you will need an undergrad degree in order to enroll.
— The MS in Sports Management
degree is an online program available from Drexel University designed for students who already hold a bachelor degree and have some work experience. Drexel has over 23,000 students through its campus and the distance learning program, making it the 14th largest private university in the US.
— Northcentral University offers online programs for an EdD
or PhD in Sports Management
which prepares students for high profile and leadership positions. Founded in 1996 in Prescott, Arizona, NCU is now the school of choice for over 10,000 students who are active in school events and organizations.
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sport management program.