Post University Sport Management Programs
The Post University online sport management degree program prepares students to enter management, administrative, and marketing careers with sport-related companies. Classes are online and completed at your own pace. Students can fulfill all requirements in two to three years if pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
Coursework varies by program. To complete a Bachelors of Science in sport management, students must fulfill all general education requirements in addition to sports management and business courses such as sport law, sport marketing, foundations of sport management, and sport economics. With a Bachelor of Science in sport management, students are prepared to work as:
- Coaches and Scouts: Coach groups or individuals in the fundamentals of sports.
- General and Operations Managers: Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations.
- Recreation Workers: Conduct recreation activities with groups in public, private, or volunteer agencies or recreation facilities.
These careers are only a few of the many options available to students upon graduation. Sports managers work in a variety of different settings including fitness clubs, college campuses, sports agencies, and other management firms.
Available Online Programs
Facts About Post University
Post University was founded in 1890 and has grown into a prominent online institution with more than 4,000 distance learners. The main campus is located on 58 acres in the suburbs of Waterbury, Connecticut. Additional facts about Post University include:
- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and College, Inc.
- Licensed by the State of Connecticut to grant associates, baccalaureate and master’s degrees
- Offers cooperative education, cross registration, double major, honors program, independent study, internships, liberal arts/career combination, and study abroad
- Accelerated degree programs are offered in eight-week modules, starting six times per year
- Average class size is approximately 16 students
Online Sports Management Degrees
— Your BA in Sports and Recreation Management
degree can be completed entirely online, and you can transfer up to 90 credits, accelerating the process further. Ashford University was founded almost 100 years ago and its online division includes over 30 degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master level. AU is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Ave, Suite 100, Alameda, California 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wascsenior.org.
— Northcentral University offers online programs for an EdD
or PhD in Sports Management
which prepares students for high profile and leadership positions. Founded in 1978 in Prescott Valley, Arizona, NCU is now the school of choice for over 10,000 students who are active in school events and organizations.
Southern New Hampshire University
— While an undergraduate degree is required, the MBA and MS of Sports Management
from South New Hampshire University can be completed in less than two years, making it a quick way to propel your career forward. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, the main campus has WiFi, an Olympic pool, and even an art gallery.
— The focus of Liberty University's MS in Sports Management
is how organizational skills and leadership plays a role in sports organizations and athletic programs. The program can be completed in less than two years and up to six credit hours can be transferred. However, you will need an undergrad degree in order to enroll.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer