Southern New Hampshire University Sport Management Programs
Southern New Hampshire University offers five master’s level degrees in sports management, which will prepare students for marketing and public relations roles in sports organizations, as well as more hands on management and administrative work. The degrees offered can prepare you to work for a major professional sports team, or in a more peripheral role such as equipment sales or venue management.
This university offers both Master of Business and Master of Science degrees in both athletic administration and sport management. The MBA and the MS degrees each take a slightly different approach to sports management learning, and will prepare you best for different careers, though there is a great deal of overlap between the two types of degree:
- An MBA in Sports Administration is geared toward someone who already has experience, and possibly even a career, in sports administration in schools or amateur sporting organization. If you’ve been working for a small league or high school team and want to up your knowledge and skill level to shoot for the big leagues, this degree can help get you there.
- An MS in Sport Management will prepare you to run a whole sporting organization, from soup to nuts. Big picture strategy, business planning and project management will all be part of the curriculum.
Available Online Programs
Facts About Southern New Hampshire University
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, non-profit institution that was founded in 1932. It started as an accounting school, but now offers both on campus and online courses in a broad array of liberal arts and scientific disciplines.
- SNHU has around 13,000 students, and its campus is located in Manchester, New Hampshire, on the Merrimack River.
- SNHU is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and is also accredited by the European Council for Business Education, an unusual distinction for a U.S. based school.
- SNHU is divided into three schools: The School of Arts and Sciences, The School of Business, and The School of Education.
Sponsored Listings for Sports Management Degrees
— Northcentral University offers online programs for an EdD
or PhD in Sports Management
which prepares students for high profile and leadership positions. Founded in 1996 in Prescott, Arizona, NCU is now the school of choice for over 10,000 students who are active in school events and organizations.
Grand Canyon University
— The BS in Sports Management
degree from Grand Canyon University readies students to gain positions in the field of sports business management. Graduates of this degree program will be well schooled in sport marketing, sport law, and sport finance.
— The focus of Liberty University's MS in Sports Management
is how organizational skills and leadership plays a role in sports organizations and athletic programs. The program can be completed in less than two years and up to six credit hours can be transferred. However, you will need an undergrad degree in order to enroll.
— The MS in Sports Analytics and Managemen
degree from American University focuses on creative thinking and problem solving within sports. Students will also be required to understand the application and use of current technology, exploring the interdisciplinary relationships within and between athletics and sports, and examining the nature and effects of administrative knowledge and skills applied to athletics and sports.
Looking for a sports management degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a sport management program.